Coordinates recruitment activities for assigned areas of service including pre-screening, interviewing, scheduling, testing, and scheduling qualified candidates to fill open positions. Collaborates with Sales to develop and monitor recruiting plans and strategies to achieve required staffing levels. Provides guidance and understanding of AHSA recruitment and selection policies, procedures and employment laws to candidates and clients. Actively participates in recruiting events, candidate data-base searches, promotional campaigns, job fairs/conferences and other programs to source, promote and attract the best-qualified candidates to our clients. Delegates tasks or assignments to Recruitment Assistants regarding candidate management, recruitment efforts, scheduling interviews, or other related duties. Serves as liaison between employment agencies/search firms and hiring departments. Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Promotes the AHSA mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Oversees and manages activities of CNA, LPN and HHA Recruitment and Retention to ensure recruitment of the highest quality of nursing staff in accordance with Nursing Department staffing objectives.
- Supervises recruitment and selection process for nursing positions which encompass weekly job opportunities, internal sourcing and processing, development of strategies for filing market scarce positions, attendance at job fairs and career days and provides departmental support on forecasting employment demands.
- Screens, interviews, reference and extends offers for administrative, management, advanced practice, Home Care and other nursing positions both in and outside the Nursing Department.
- Independently plans, implements and develops recruitment strategies and sourcing techniques to identify talented CNA, LPN and HHA candidates.
- Interface with advertising and other agencies in order to coordinate marketing materials, brochures and give-a-ways. Recommend marketing techniques, strategies and media needs
- Attends programs that enhance human resource knowledge and skills and provide opportunities to keep current with labor law and new federal regulations that affect hiring practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time (40 hours/week) position at our office location in East Orange. We offer a competitive salary and paid time off.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
- Current registered nurses license in the State of New Jersey
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Minimum five (3) years experience in nurse recruitment required, including but not limited to sourcing, cold-calling, and developing short-term and pipeline recruitment programs.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Must be able to occasionally travel, sometimes including overnight stays.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.